Generally in the classroom, the common arrangement of desks and chairs is to line up two desks and chairs together, but this is only during class. When a class meeting or an event is held, the desks and chairs will be arranged in a circle. When doing experiments, the school desks and chairs set will be arranged using the workstation arrangement method, so the arrangement of desks and chairs is not static, we can follow Different learning environments choose different arrangements, in order to improve students’ enthusiasm for learning, and make learning full of challenges and fun. The following school desk and chair set manufacturers have explained ten kinds of arrangement of desks and chairs for your reference.
1. Group arrangement method
Arrange the seats to be tightly around the side of the table, so that students have contact, can promote group interaction. However, some students need to adjust their chairs slightly to see the blackboard, teacher, and projection screen. In this way, the chairs in each group with their backs to the front of the classroom can be removed to prevent the students from turning their heads frequently.
2. Lecture hall arrangement method
The lecture hall provides a limited environment for active learning, but there are still possibilities. If the seats are movable, they can be arranged in an arc to create visibility. If the seat is fixed, ask students to sit in the middle, and ask them not to be outside the warning line. Regardless of the size of the lecture hall, students can still be grouped in pairs and apply activities that require cooperation with neighbors in active learning.
3. Horseshoe arrangement method
The horseshoe arrangement allows students to have their own desktops to read and write, to directly see the teacher and the audio-visual media, and to have face-to-face contact between the students, allowing the students to sit together in pairs, and the teacher can walk into the middle of the horseshoe to deliver handouts at any time. Make sure that there is enough space between the horseshoe shapes, and it can also be a semicircle in groups.
4. The traditional classroom arrangement method
If you can’t move between the straight-line desks and chairs, you can put the two chairs in a row, so that the students next to each other can become learning partners. Try to arrange them in even rows, and there should be enough space between rows, then the odd rows The two can turn around and discuss with the students behind.
5. Formal meeting arrangement method
1. Long or round tables are more suitable for this arrangement. This arrangement reduces the importance of teachers and increases the importance of students.
2. If the teacher is sitting at the far end of the merged rectangular table, it can create a meeting atmosphere.
3. If the teacher is in the middle, then the students sitting at the far end will feel neglected, and the long table can also be arranged in a hollow way.
6. Circular arrangement method
1. Remove all tables and arrange the chairs in a circular form, which can promote face-to-face communication among students. If they are arranged in a large circle, it is suitable for class discussion. If there is enough space, students can quickly move their chairs to form a group. .
2. If students need to write at the desk, they should arrange the desk outside the circle. When students need to write, they can directly turn over.
7. There is a group arrangement method in a group
This arrangement method is suitable for the fishbowl-style discussion method. It can be used for role-playing, debate, or observation in group activities, and chairs can be arranged in concentric circles. You can also put the conference table in the middle, with a circle of chairs in the outer circle.
8. Each group of distributed arrangement method
If the classroom is big enough, you can arrange the tables and chairs first so that the groups can move to the middle of the classroom to study in turn. This arrangement method should keep the distance between the groups a little farther to prevent interference, but not too far. It is difficult to contact.
9. Armband arrangement method
The traditional inline method does not promote active learning. If the number of students exceeds 30 and there are only rectangular desks and chairs, they can be arranged in a V shape to reduce the distance between students and allow students to see things in front of the classroom clearly. The teacher can also see more students than the in-line arrangement. The aisles between the rows of this arrangement method should not be set in the middle.
10. Workstation arrangement method
This arrangement is suitable for the teaching situation of active operation experiments. Students can sit at the same table and wait for the teacher to demonstrate the teaching, and immediately cooperate in the homework. If you need to train learning partners, a workstation with two people is more suitable.
Aiming at the problem of the arrangement of desks and chairs, we have introduced ten different arrangements of desks and chairs. In daily life, we can rearrange them according to different needs to create different learning environments and make learning full of fun.